Thursday, June 25, 2015

Classroom Management

For this activity, I enjoyed watching the video 6 Topics to Teach Every Lesson.  First, my hs students are very active digital citizens.  They are aware of bad or unreliable websites, they know how to use the internet for research, and they could probably know more about technology than I do.  When students have a computer, they are checking email, social media, music, games, etc.  All these activities are off task.   I would like to teach my students the right and wrong time to do the above off task activities.  Quite often, I see my students multitasking.  They are trying to complete my assignment while doing another assignment.  Second, I would also like my students to use the internet and their peers to help them problem solve.  In this way, they are creating their own personal learning network.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen some studies (though I didn't bookmark them) that claim multitasking does NOT increase productivity, for all the reasons you think it wouldn't (i.e., distraction). I wonder if that would affect student activity.

    ReplyDelete