Monday, August 24, 2015

Digital Citizenship

By high school, students already know about digital citizenship.  They know about cyberbullying, keyboarding, staying on the appropriate webpage, etc.  They do not cite images.  When using an image for educational purposes, it is not necessary to cite the source, I think.  Please let me know if I am incorrect.  Since most of what we as educators do is for educational purposes, we forget that copying an image without proper citation is plagiarism.  How do we cite images correctly?  What images do not need to be cited?  When copying words for educational purposes, we still recognize the person who said/wrote the words.  Why is it not the same for images?  This is an unclear area for me and I would like clarification.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully we covered all of this during our GHO, but let me know if you have any questions.

    Yes, images are free to use for educational purposes, but too often, we as teachers forget to let students know WHY they're getting the image for free. I'm sure it will be covered in the Common Sense lessons.

    ReplyDelete