Monday, August 24, 2015

Digital Citizenship & Common Sense Education

Today, I spent many hours learning about Digital Citizenship using the website Common Sense Education.  I was blown away by the number of lesson plans for all grade levels including high school.  In order to review the lesson plans and resources for the lesson plans, I had to subscribe to the website.  To me, this was not a problem but I understand that some people do not like to subscribe to websites.  Its just as easy to unsubscribe when needed.  Anyways...there are four units in the high school curriculum on Digital Citizenship.  Each unit contains 5 lesson plans.  For my first time, I will incorporate the first unit into my Computer Application class.

1 comment:

  1. I understand the 'many hours'. The more you learn about DigCit, the more complicated it is. Especially for your age group. It's pretty much the last chance we as teachers get to impact these sorts of topics with them. I commend you for taking the time to learn as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete